A New Workshop!!!
I hope that no matter how old I am or however many hours I have spent painting I will always want to keep getting better. We all know the best way to get better at anything is to practice and to practice daily. I know practicing every single day can be a challenge for some, but surely you can fit 30 minutes a day in for painting? This workshop is designed to get you painting daily and make a habit of it.
There will be thirty days of lessons, each around 30 minutes long - real time. Videos will not be sped up for this workshop unless it’s absolutely necessary.
I will be loosely using a reference image for each lesson, one that I will share with you for you to use as well.
I will be working mostly in acrylics (the primary colors to be more specific) for this workshop. There will be a few times when I will be using watercolor, gouache, or oils.
Most of the exercises I do will be of the portrait, but there will be a few occasions when I throw in a floral arrangement and/or paint my own version of a painting.
“Creativity is a habit, and the best creativity is the result of good work habits.”
- Twyla Tharp
Why should you take this workshop?
You will learn how to loosen up when painting. • Create a daily habit of painting. • Become more confident mixing colors. • Connect with others in the workshop… and besides all that great stuff and getting a handwritten postcard from me you will hopefully find joy in this workshop!
I recently listened to this podcast about Where Joy Hides. It made me think about where joy hides in my own life. In making meals for people I love, in making special things for others, and in making art , basically joy for me comes from being creative somehow or other. I also find so much joy in connecting with those that feel a similar joy in the things that bring me joy. Which leads me here, to why I think you should sign up for this workshop, if you want to. If you are feeling like you want to find joy in painting and connecting with others that love painting, especially everyday for 30 + days, this will be a great workshop for you.
oh, and also, listening to this podcast led me to this video, that my whole family enjoyed, if you need a good laugh, check it out.
Something to paint on/in:
Something to sketch with:
Something to paint with:
Get a handwritten postcard from me when you sign up!
Sign up now!
When you do you will get a personal postcard from me with one of the paintings from this workshop on the front. (please make sure your current address is on your c.c. or paypal account :) The postcard will arrive sometime after the workshop has already started.
Official start to the workshop is January 2nd 2019. Early registration ends December 31, 2018
All videos are downloadable for you to keep indefinitely.
Early Registration price: $99 after December 31st price: $ 125
Sign up with Paypal
Q & A
When does it start?
• January 2, 2019
• $99 Early Registartion • $125 after December 31, 2018
Why so much?
• Compared to any live art workshop or actual class this price is a steal. You get so much more to dive into and you can watch each lesson again and again.
What size of paper/canvas will we be working on?
• 9" x 12"
How long will I have access to the workshop?
• January 2020 - Possible much longer, depending on how long I have a website.
Will the videos be downloadable?
• YES! For those who wish to download the videos to your computer you can do so on the Vimeo website using the "Download" button. Then the videos are yours to watch anytime you wish.
What skill level is this workshop for?
• This workshop is designed for all skill levels. If you are brand new to the art world you will be able to do most of the lessons and if you are a skilled artist I feel that you fill find inspiration in the lessons.
Can I share the material with my friends?
• Only if they have signed up for the workshop. I highly encourage any interested friends to sign up together, it sure makes the workshop more fun if you can meet in person and work on the lessons.
How is it different from your past courses?
• Techniques may overlap, but all lessons are brand new.
Do I have to buy all the supplies on the materials list?
• Of course not. A full supply list is given below, but it is not necessary to buy all the materials. Try to use what you already have and go from there.
What if I get behind?
• No worries. There's no race to finish first, just take your time and enjoy the process. You might love one lesson and what to stay there for awhile, or skip over lessons. Do what feels best to you.
Do I have to join the FB Group?
• Absolutely not! But it really is a great way to share yourself, see what others are working on, inspire and be inspired by others in the course, and just connect with other artists. One of my favorite parts about teaching these courses is the relationships that are created during them between other students. You just never know when you might meet someone you connect with on a creative level that will enhance your life.
Can I share the workshop site?
• This is a private course for those that have paid, I gently ask that you please respect me, my livelihood, and everyone who has paid for the course and not share the links/passwords. Thank you so much for being considerate of this.
Can I share my work on my blog, FB page, instagram?
• Absolutely! Please do!
Can I sell my work created during the workshop?
• Absolutely! I hope you will!
Can I give this course as a gift?
• Yes, of course. How nice of you! Just leave me a personal message when you sign up for the course. Or email me here: email@example.com
Do I need high speed internet?
• Having a high speed connection really helps reduce frustration. Downloading the videos also helps the videos playback at a more fluid speed, so if you can, I recommend downloading each video if you are having playback issues.
Can I use my ipad?
• Yes, all Videos/Lessons will be ipad compatible.
Can I use the offered space to market my own workshop or shop?
• I kindly ask that you wouldn't. Please reserve the space for sharing your art created in this course.
Once I sign up for the course can I change my mind?
• Sorry, but there are no refunds whatsoever once you have signed up for this course due to password logistics.
Can I teach what I learn from this course and/or write an article for publication on techniques used during this course?
• Please use good judgment when considering doing so. I understand everyone has different motives as to why you might sign up for any course, but copying a project and teaching it online or elsewhere just isn't cool. If you take what you learn from what I offer and wish to teach/write please be sure to mold it into your own original ideas. Thank you.
Will there be a DVD available?
• Sorry, but there will not be a DVD available for this workshop due to the high content and lengthy videos.
Still have more Questions? Please feel free to email me... firstname.lastname@example.org